Tuesday, August 4, 2009

JOURNAL 4

1. Looking back at the list of your positive characteristics and qualities, what do you feel and realize about it?

- Looking back at my positive characteristics and qualities, I realized that I'm also a good person even though I'm a naughty guy. I can also do good to others and be mature enough to help other people, so I feel happy about that.

2. The Golden Rule says “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.”
a. Given the following situations, how would you like to be treated by your teachers and schoolmates:
- when you have given wrong answers to the questions during recitation,
- when you are expressing your opinion during class or group discussion;
- when you are giving suggestions during group work or presentation;
- when you commit mistake;
- when you don’t like doing what they ask you to do and
- when they want to give you their comments or suggestions

- When I have given the wrong answers during recitation I want to be treated just like normal because we are only human it is normal to have a mistake.
- When I'm expressing my opinion, I just want them to listen to me as a sign of respect.
- When I'm giving suggestions in a group work, I just want them also to listen to me and decide if my suggestion is possible or not.
- When I commit mistake, I want them to help me correct my mistakes instead to laugh me.
- When I don't want what they are asking me to do, I will say to them that I don't want it and just accept my decision.
- When they want to give to me their comments or suggestions, I will just listen to them as they also listen to me when I'm also giving my comments and suggestions.

b. Considering the given ideas on how to treat others with respect, what can you commit to yourself in terms dealing with the MCL community: teachers, students, employees, security, maintenance/janitors and canteen personnel?

- Inside the MCL community and even in other community, I will respect them properly and I will not do unnecessary things that will hurt them. I will respect them as I respect my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment